Merhaba & Welcome to Cappadocia!
Day tours, with a local
Cappadocia is one of the top travel destinations in Turkey for many reasons: friendly people, history, culture, rich art, fine cuisine, shopping and natural beauty.
Just imagine a Cappadocia tour where you get to meet local people, eat local food, see historic and cultural sights, explore thousand-year-old cave churches, descent into Underground Cities, walk through natural monuments, canyons and beautiful valleys.
Cappadocia is a destination that can provide hot air balloon flights, horseback riding tours, MTB tours, hiking tours and ATV Quad biking tours besides the cultural sightseeing tours.
There is also a wide range of accommodation in Cappadocia, from Luxury hotels to backpacker hostels, from Cave Hotels to Rental Houses small boutique hotels with only 3 or 4 rooms.
If you would like to take a tour of Cappadocia check out our tours we have to offer.
Giving new meaning to the term 'going underground' this Cappadocia tour reveals the fascinating underground city of Kaymaklı. See a cave monastery located in a local guy's garden, hang with village traders, and feast on Turkish food for lunch. What's not to love here?more...
Heart of Cappadocia From USD 128.00
No visit to Cappadocia is complete without spending quality time with the moonscapes, cave churches, and fairy chimneys of Goreme. Join this Cappadocia tour to travel to see these otherwordly, sci-fi like landscapes that aren't replicated anywhere else in the world.more...
Wine & Sunset Tour From USD 65.00
You'd think the combo of wine and a sunset couldn't be improved upon… and you'd be wrong. We've added an extra element to the mix to make it even better: Cappadocia. On this tour you'll learn about wine-making, hike through valleys, visit vineyards, and sip some local wines as the sun slides away for another day.more...
Handicrafts Renaissance in Avanos From USD 48.00
Sure, tacky souvenirs are cheap and funny (for about a minute), but buying something with a story is even better. This Cappadocia tour takes you to pottery heaven in the small town of Avanos. See pottery masters at work, have a go at this ancient art yourself, and snap up a fave piece at the gallery.more...
MTB Festival And International Competition
Place: Urgup and Goreme in Cappadocia - [ 27/06/2015 - 29/06/2015 ]
This event runs along with the Cappadocia Annual International Mountainbike Stage Race and Festival. Mountain bikers from all around the world are invited for the Cappadocia MTB Festival Tour for Racers and Non-Racers, at the end of June in Turkey.
Place: Karlik Evi Hotel in Uchisar-Cappadocia - [ 21/06/2015 - 30/06/2015 ]
Karlik Evi sponsors an art festival annually in June. Artists specializing in various mediums gather here for eight days and produce pieces of art that are often inspired by the picturesque surroundings of this region.Haci Bektas Veli Commemoration Ceremony
Place: Hacibektas - Cappadocia - [ 16/08/2015 - 18/08/2015 ]
In the last decade, the Hacibektas festival has become the main public event of Alevism in Turkey. It is characterized both by its undetermined nature between religion, culture, folklore and politics and by the diversity of its participants and scenes.more events...
What does Cappadocia mean?
more... more stories...
04 Sep 2011 The staff was exceptionally wonderful. I had trouble getting to Cappadocia by bus and your staff picked me up at the bus station and took me directly to the tour and then to my hotel. The tour itself was very good as well!
22 Oct 2010 I cannot say enough nice things about this company. I booked the Underground Cappadocia tour from the States before I got to Turkey, and while the tour cost a little more (not substantial) than the tours being sold in Cappadocia, the extra was with every penny. Most people who go to Cappadocia go on two tours that most of the operators offer. While the Urban Adventures tour did go to many of those same places, we also had an opportunity to visit some off the beaten path sites that weren't overrun by tourists. There were only three people on our tour so we had the opportunity to ask a lot of questions, move at our own pace, and customize our route throughout the day based on how we were feeling. The tour guide was also exceptional- in additon to being incredibly friendly, he was also an encyclopedia of knowledge and clearly took great pride in his work and his country.
22 Oct 2010 Cappadocia is a must on any Turkey itinerary. It is steeped in culture and fabulous sites. I only had 1 day to visit Cappadocia, but would recommend staying longer to really enjoy the experience. Zafer was really helpful in organising the trip for me and the day trip was excellent- the early Christian churches in Goreme were the highlight for me. I would recommend this trip to anyone wanting to experience adventure, culture and good times.
Cappadocia Urban Adventures are operated by Zafer & Fuyo and the rest of the team of Cappadocia Tours and Activities. Discover the secrets of this historical region through their different Cappadocia tours. We look forward to meeting you and showing you this beautiful region of our country!
Feels like: 10°C
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.